Selling a home can be a big decision. At Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Montana Properties, it is our goal to help you sell your property for the highest price attainable, within the time frame that fits your plans, and to make the home-selling process as efficient, stress-free and successful as possible.
- More sellers and buyers choose Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Montana Properties than any other real estate company in Montana. You will see more Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Montana Properties yard signs in western Montana than any other real estate company. Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Montana Properties spends millions of dollars in advertising each year so homebuyers know the sign in your yard.
- With over 26% of homebuyers in our area coming from out-of-state, the name “Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Montana Properties” offers strong recognition for these buyers.
- Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Montana Properties has the nation’s highest average property sales price.
When you work with Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Montana Properties, you can expect our agents to be your resource, guiding every step of the way. You can expect a high level of service from your Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Montana Properties agent throughout your home-selling process. The home-selling services your agent will provide you include:
- Determining your needs and priorities
- Previewing a marketing plan
- Reviewing your prepared Comparative Market Analysis
- Establish a competitive pricing strategy
Listing Your Home For Sale
- Discuss home enhancement recommendations
- Discuss your property’s marketing plan
One real estate agent can represent many potential buyers; therefore, it is important to market your home to other agents as well as the general buying public in order to improve the timeliness of selling your home.
Agent to Agent Advertising
Real Estate agents are able to show potential buyers all of the homes available on the multiple listing service (MLS). By listing your home with Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Montana Properties, not only will your home be well-represented on the MLS, you will also gain the additional advantages of:
- Placement on the Multiple Listing Service (MLS) within 24 hours of listing.
- Research of property information: zoning, taxes, flood plain, etc.
- A lock box on your property to allow other agents to show your home
- Placement of a Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Montana Properties yard sign at your property.
- Scheduling an office tour for other Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Montana Properties agents’ to view your property.
- Weekly Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Montana Properties sales meeting where agents match information about new listings and potential buyers.
- Internal agent to agent communication systems that employs pagers, cell phones, state of the art direct-dial phone/messaging system, Intranet website that instantly informs agents about your listing.
- Email marketing that enables your agent to send e-cards notifying other real estate agents about your property being listed.
Marketing to the Public
There are many benefits of choosing to work with a Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Montana Properties agent. Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Montana Properties spends over half a million dollars each year advertising our clients’ properties. Below are some of the advertising opportunities we provide:
- Fliers with photos, features and descriptions that are distributed in flyer boxes and by request.
- Virtual tours.
- Listings posted on Berkshirehathawayhs.com, zillow.com, trulia.com and other popular websites.
- Weekly newspaper advertising.
- Office brochures inserted in area newspapers.
- Open houses.
- Direct-mail postcards.
- Office open 7-days a week.
- Agent on-call 24/7.
- Yard Signs.
- Local sponsorships.
- 24-hour placement on Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Montana Properties’s website that has over 300,000 annual visitors.
- Specialty Marketing Groups: Luxury Collection and Montana Ranch Properties
- Discuss showings and express to you agent/buyer feedback.
- Monitor and pass on results of marketing plan.
- Discuss modification of marketing plan and pricing strategy as necessary.
Review Offer and Reach Agreement with Buyer
- Discuss and clarify proposed terms and conditions with you.
- Negotiate possible counter offer.
- Reach final agreement, sign all documents pertaining to the sale.
- Prepare net sheet.
Completing the Sale
- Negotiation of inspections.
- Removal of remaining contingencies.
- Title search, preliminary title report.
- Scheduling buyer’s final walk-through of property.
- Scheduling the closing.
- Recording of title.
- An agent can help you find your next home, as needed and assist you with relocation, as needed.
Home Selling Tips
No one has a more important role in the home-selling process than you. Here are some ways your participation can contribute to a successful sale:
- Maintain the property in ready-to-show condition.
- Ensure that the house is easily accessible to real estate professional (lock box and key).
- Try to be flexible in the scheduling of showings.
- When you are not at home, let an agent know how you can be reached in case an offer is received.
- If approached directly by a buyer who is not represented by a real estate professional, please contact the agent. Do not allow them into the property unescorted.
- Remove or lock up valuables, jewelry, cash and prescription medications.
- If possible, do not be present when the property is being shown.
- Securely pen-up pets, or take them with you.
- Be cautious about saying anything to buyers or their sales professional that could weaken your negotiating position, especially regarding price or your urgency to sell.
- Collect the business cards of the real estate professionals who preview and show your home, and pass them on to the agent.
- Let an agent know of any changes in the property’s condition that would need to be disclosed to potential buyers.
- Be available to review with the agent the list price and condition of your property if it has not sold in a reasonable period of time.
- Feel free to contact the agent at any time with questions or concerns.
Why use an agent
Buying and selling property can be complex and stressful tasks. In fact, for many people it's the biggest single investment they will make in their lifetime. Real estate transactions have become increasingly complicated. New technology, laws and procedures require real estate practitioners to perform at an ever-increasing level of professionalism. It's more important than ever that you work with an agent who has a keen understanding of the real estate business.
According to the National Association of REALTORS¨, close to 4 out of 5 existing homes in the U.S. have been entrusted to real estate professionals.
Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Montana Properties Agents
- Many of our REALTORS® have over 20 years of real estate experience and the majority have college degrees. There are intangible benefits when working with a well-established, educated and experienced group of professionals.
- Each REALTOR® has a diversity of background and experience, from extensive participation in civic organizations to prior employment in other areas of sales.
- Our varied local contacts cover a wide cross section of the market place, and serve as stepping stones to future business.
- All of our agents are trained to be your advocate during the negotiating process. A sales associate can help you strategically evaluate an offer then work to negotiate a favorable contract.
- Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Montana Properties agents have expertise in marketing your property; from placing ads in newspapers or buyer’s guide, to ensuring your property is on the Internet, hosting open houses and displaying “For Sale” signs, you can be sure your property will be promoted.
Tips to select a real estate agent
- When selecting a real estate agent keep in mind your goals and the personal attributes that are important to you.
- Ask a friend or relative who they recommend using.
- Attend open houses and get to know some of the agents.
- Refer to real estate websites and local publications to see how other agents are advertising.
- Call a Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Montana Properties office and ask for an agent that specializes in the type of property you are looking for.